POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier-patch torus : Re: Bezier-patch torus Server Time
21 May 2024 10:45:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier-patch torus
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Sep 2018 06:55:01
Message: <web.5b9106a1dc5d6572458c7afe0@news.povray.org>

http://news.povray.org/povray.advanced-users/message/%3Cweb.577ee122ff0686005e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.577e
e122ff0686005e7df57c0%40news.povray.org%3E

> The question you ASKED was:
>
> "Probably a dumb question, but can only meshes be UV mapped?"

                                NOPE.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3C5b8a7142%241%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C5b8a7142%241%40news.povr
ay.org%3E

> That has been fully answered by Jerome, (A) by a list of UV-mapped
> primitives and (B) by referene to said documentations section as his
> source of information.

> Which definitely hinted at the fact that you consider the
> documentation wanting in that area, but the wording left a lot of room
> for interpretation:

It wasn't a hint - I came out and said that it was incomplete.
Here are the defaults, ... that can be changed.... ... ... ..." "."

"We're sorry, but the network executives have canceled this program..."

https://i.imgur.com/Im2Hai0.jpg

> Don't make the same mistake countless of women make when talking to
> their spouse: Don't expect me to successfully read between lines. I'm a
> man, man ;)

I can't believe you just took advantage of this situation to flaunt your White
Male Privilege in the POV-Ray Patriarchy and a) assume my Gender, b) fail to
realize that YOUR gender is simply a fluid social construct, and c) Man-splain
to me.   Jeez, you even gave me a hard time because my mod() operations weren't
BINARY.

:P

> > Kenneth.  I want Kenneth as my POV-Ray lawyer.
>
> Who, BTW, explicitly confirmed that /my/ reply to that thread - and I
> quote verbatim - "was... reasonable" ;)

[ Way to move the goalposts. ]

Indeed, but that particular post bordered on fisticuffs with someone else, and
exemplified the ideology of, "You don't like it?  Tough ----"

Still love what you do here, and that you have the energy and motivation to do
it.

But the documentation is still incomplete, right where I said it was and why.

Why can't you just admit it when you're WRONG?

Hrrrrmpfh.    MEN.