POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier-patch torus : Re: Bezier-patch torus Server Time
30 Apr 2024 05:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier-patch torus
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Sep 2018 19:45:00
Message: <web.5b8f1897dc5d6572458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
I decided to see how tortuously I could twist it, and changed the parametric to
a trianguloid trefoil.

Even after increasing the number of patches to subdivide the surface better,
there's still a bit of "shredding" evident.

72 x 36 = 2596 patches.

Apparently my radiosity block has been judged - and found lacking.

radiosity {
    adc_bailout 0.005
    always_sample off
    count 150
    error_bound 0.25
    gray_threshold 0.2
    low_error_factor 0.25
    minimum_reuse 0.01
    maximum_reuse 0.2
    nearest_count 8
    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end   0.04
    recursion_limit 5
    //brightness 1
   }  // end radiosity block

There shall surely be more to come - any suggestions on improvements, further
experiments, and crafting a better scene by those skilled in the art are most
welcome as always.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bezierstitching_test_3.png' (286 KB)

Preview of image 'bezierstitching_test_3.png'
bezierstitching_test_3.png