POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bezier-patch torus : Re: Bezier-patch torus Server Time
30 Apr 2024 15:09:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bezier-patch torus
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Sep 2018 15:35:00
Message: <web.5b8d8ca1dc5d6572458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
Interpolation vectors are ok, Bezier splines are ok, loops are ok, grid macro
was rewritten from scratch, uv vectors fixed so it tiles perfectly.

Here's a plain torus given just a wee bit of noise to undulate the surface.
uv-mapped, especially for Alain.  ;)

Torus radii are 4 and 10, and I needed to re-render the grid at 2000x2000 to get
an acceptable look without too much "stretching" which was painful to look at.

With twice the noise and a good texture, it makes a pretty great looking donut.
I need to find a good tilable cake donut texture to UV-map this with.  :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bezierstitching_test_3.png' (230 KB)

Preview of image 'bezierstitching_test_3.png'
bezierstitching_test_3.png