POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 : Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560 Server Time
28 Apr 2024 19:48:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray v3.8.0-alpha.9811560
From: Kenneth
Date: 3 Sep 2018 15:25:00
Message: <web.5b8d89f9c46e580da47873e10@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> Le 18-08-31 à 16:47, Kenneth a écrit :
> >
> > Seems that *something* must have gotten corrupted in the 'problem' POV-ray
> > folder (my only guess right now.) Woe is me :-(
>
> To me, it look like you want to write the files into the POV-Ray install
> directory instead of the .POV file location.
> Make sure that the output paths all point to the correct locations.

I probably confused you with a lack of detail; sorry. My original two 'complete'
POV-ray installs (3.7.0 and 3.7.1 beta 9) had their various folders in two
places, as usual: "Documents", and "Programs". My scene files are in a separate
folder in "Documents", outside the 'master' "POV-RAY" folder there, for safety's
sake. The folder I send renders to is also a separate one, and also in
"Documents." My main problem was that both versions of the program have there
own POVRAY.INI files-- with the library path to my image-output folder in both--
but I forgot to update one of those with a *change* I made to the name of that
folder.

All is well now.