POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. : Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. Server Time
11 May 2024 13:43:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Aug 2018 17:10:01
Message: <web.5b79dc2e9b869b61458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:

> I explain why I did it the way I did in p.o-c:

Yes, I read that part - no complaints here.
I'm very happy with what you were able to achieve - I read through the code, and
it's pretty impressive.
You still have 1000x times the drive and attention span of most people.

> Rewriting the code to match the reduced formula might give people peace of mind
> that my SDL is correct, but as long as the current version works, there's no
> urgency to mess with it.

"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to
do." - Robert A. Heinlein

Again, excellent work - it does exactly what I need it to do.  :)