POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. : Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. Server Time
2 May 2024 17:37:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Aug 2018 16:20:01
Message: <web.5b787f6f9b869b61458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
I just added some code to draw the Bezier splines across the patch, using Cousin
Ricky's spheresweep.inc v1.2 from the Object Collection.

The splines don't quite line up - but I suppose, more concerning is that the
splines don't intersect with the corner points.

Probably just some wee little bug in there somewhere.
I'm using the web interface, so I can't rename the message title.

MAYBE I might try to code up a quick Bezier spline macro, if the formula I found
here:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/HowTo:Use_Splines_and_Bezier_Curves
(with the bad math code)
is correct.

P(t) = A*pow((1-t),3) + 3*B*t*pow((1-t),2) + 3*C*pow(t,2)*(1-t) + D*pow(t,3)

which seems to jive with
http://idav.ucdavis.edu/education/CAGDNotes/Matrix-Cubic-Bezier-Curve/img1.gif