POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. : Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain. Server Time
2 May 2024 20:25:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smoothing bicubic_patchs. A pain.
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Aug 2018 19:40:00
Message: <web.5b74b8359b869b61264be49d0@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> > BGimeno <bru### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Can someone think of a better way for cover the gaps left by these
> > > sphere_sweep (cubic_spline) curves with bicubic_patch?.
> > I've now made some more images where I've tried to illustrate this better.
> >
> > I'll post them here.

Here's an image where the planes for the control grid points around the Bezier
patch corners are shown as dark squares. I've also added spheres at the control
grid points.

Perhaps I've now posted too many images about stitching of bicubic Bezier
patches...

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bicubicbezierpatches_controlgridplanes.png' (799 KB)

Preview of image 'bicubicbezierpatches_controlgridplanes.png'
bicubicbezierpatches_controlgridplanes.png