POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : challenge: surface connecting cubic_splines : Re: challenge: surface connecting cubic_splines Server Time
27 Apr 2024 19:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: challenge: surface connecting cubic_splines
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Aug 2018 21:15:01
Message: <web.5b6f893ae21a6a89458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> > Not bad at all. :D

Thanks :)  My initial guesses on how to do this turned out to be very close.
Closer than I expected.

> Thoughts!
>
> I've found that when working with bezier patches. I have to tune them by
> eye.
> How about bringing in the outliers in a tad through the radial?

I used a torus to guide me, and had to introduce a number of fudge factors in my
control point matrix.  Crap that will look like heiroglyphics to me if I ever
open the file a month from now   ;)
Maybe I'll add some comments ... tomorrow.   :D

But here it is - as close as I bother making it, and the grid of control points
to show how --- uncircular, and unintuitive that is.

These Coons patches are beginning to look much more interesting...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'bicubicdisc.png' (185 KB)

Preview of image 'bicubicdisc.png'