POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Unexpected double_illuminate tradeoffs : Re: Unexpected double_illuminate tradeoffs Server Time
3 May 2024 00:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Unexpected double_illuminate tradeoffs
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 3 Aug 2018 10:15:00
Message: <web.5b64624d41922acc437ac910@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> I have calibrated strain gauges to kilo inch-pounds.
> Close enough?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

That might be sufficiently acceptable for Quadrophenic purposes, but not being a
power of two might lead to an introduced error, thus inflaming the ire of th
Mods.

I'd start off with a ton, or tonne, depending, and then subdivide from there.
Not being a certified expert in weights and measures, I'm not sure which ton
would be best suited for the purpose - there's long tons, short tons, metric
tons, shit tons, Greek tons, Avoirdupois....