POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux : Re: qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:37:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: qtpovray-3.80.5 for Linux
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 2 Aug 2018 12:25:00
Message: <web.5b633005d3b3f1c1c437ac910@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> I have release v3.80.5

So I'm assuming to update, I do some sort of sudo apt-get qtpovray kinda thing.

I could also use a quick-start tip to get the extras, insert menu,  etc
installed.

Perhaps the "workspace" or whatever it's called could be made slightly more
usable - I had to fight a bit to switch back and forth between my old Windows
partition, and the new default povray scenes location.

Other than that, the only thing I'd like to see is a short summary of frequently
used command-line +/- options for rendering.  Just because it's a new
environment, and sometimes it helps to see what works really well for others.

With regard to Kenneth's recent query - can I select a portion of a render to
have it re-rendered?  I haven't had a chance to do a lot over the past couple of
days.