POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : dot-notation not allowed in functions? : Re: dot-notation not allowed in functions? Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:16:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: dot-notation not allowed in functions?
From: Kenneth
Date: 31 Jul 2018 17:05:01
Message: <web.5b60ceea497a6101a47873e10@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> No, expecting spoon-feeding is the socially unacceptable behavior...

Ah, the ol' spoon-feeding reposte.

Well, even Einstein had to be spoon-fed every now and then (by Marcel Grossman)
with arcane maths knowledge that he didn't know. If MC had used the "RTFM"
method instead, we may never have had the General Theory Of Relativity! (ha!)

> > "Note: Only the above mentioned items can be used in user-defined functions.
> > For example the rand() function is not available."
>
> Yes, that is completely odd and I have no idea why this is in the documentation.

But don't take it out!!

And add dot-notation.

:-P