POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Dirty water and flouresence : Re: Dirty water and flouresence Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:49:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dirty water and flouresence
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Jul 2018 19:25:01
Message: <web.5b5ba9af6d9eb180458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
"Iodine" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Sorry I should have posted this POVray code, what I want the dirty water for is
> to improve on this image. This is a simulation of a X-ray image of a series of
> objects. Here is my code for viewing what you would see on the screen of the
> X-ray machine. If you change the camera location to 10, 14, 0 then you can see
> the objects viewed with the light without the screen.

So, as often happens, we've dived into the middle of things, somewhere between
what you want done and what you've tried in an effort to accomplish that goal.

I would say, from past experience, that the best thing to do at this juncture is
for you to as completely and as accurately as possible describe the final,
finished, end product.

Then list off a variety of thing you think might get you there, including, but
not limited to, what you're doing now and what you're asking about.

Are you looking for an x-ray-ish effect, or are you looking to scientifically,
accurately, replicate in POV-Ray the process by which an emulsion-film
radiograph is produced?

I'd say that maybe a very quick and easy way to get the effect is with an
orthographic camera, a parallel light source, a matte finish, and a y-gradient
from 0 to 1 with some transmit in the pigment.  Then apply a little bit of focal
blurring.

If that's satisfying, you may want to add a smoky-glass or polypropylene film
sheet as an overlay or backdrop or encasing thin sheet to give the "film" look.