POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiral Warps? : Re: Spiral Warps? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:05:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral Warps?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 23 Jul 2018 06:35:01
Message: <web.5b55aeeeaab4365c458c7afe0@news.povray.org>

> But.... concentric shells... those are /not/ storm patterns, are they? :-/

Not exactly - but they are a type of vortex that's generated from fluid dynamics
equations ... so I would imagine they appear somewhere.

Still working on getting an actual bona-fide spiral shape, but I was happy that
with the weekend rapidly slipping away, I was able to get most of the key pieces
to the method strung together.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever give up.

Hopefully I'll get the code cleaned up and I'll discover some good (x,y)
equations to do exactly what I want - both with control of the internal shape of
the warp, as well as the smooth blending of the edges of the perturbation with
the rest of the scene.