POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Povtree macro (mesh created at parsing whith loops) seems to waste memory : Re: Povtree macro (mesh created at parsing whith loops) seems to waste memo= Server Time
24 Apr 2024 22:12:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povtree macro (mesh created at parsing whith loops) seems to waste memo=
From: Warren
Date: 19 Jul 2018 15:10:01
Message: <web.5b50e1f435a2b32620df21d60@news.povray.org>
Edit: You may think the problem is an infinite loop, but when I make a render
with the following code:
//#version 3.7;

global_settings{ assumed_gamma 1.0 }

camera{
       location <0, 22, -65>
       look_at <0, 12, 0>
}

light_source{ <3, 4, -3>*1000000 color srgb 1 }

#include "treeFiles/kapok.tree"
#include "povtree/TOMTREE-1.5.inc"

#debug "Loaded KapokTree\n"

#for(it_x, -20, 20, 2)
 #for(it_z, -20, 20, 2)
  object{TREE translate <it_x, 0, it_z> }
 #end
#end

I have about 9.2 GB spared and a render is done (I even see "Loaded KapokTree\n"
in the console). That's why I think (see my message above) something's wrong
with the macro and prevents povray to do good memory management.