POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : No image : Re: No image Server Time
3 May 2024 14:34:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: No image
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Jul 2018 13:05:00
Message: <web.5b4394bc326cb273c437ac910@news.povray.org>
OK, so as far as I understand what you want to do:

There will be static, stationary visible staves.
There will moving, visible notes.
There will be a stationary invisible object.

The visible notes will change color when they intersect the invisible object.

optional:

Portions of the staves will not be visible when a note overlaps them.

I think I can get that work - I scribbled it out during lunch.  :)

Stephen - yes, the ball does not "roll", it translates, but even if the ball
rolled, it would look the same, since as you say, it's traveling through the
pattern, rather than the pattern being attached to it.

The media method is what jr requested, and Bill P. supplied the prototype scene
code and functions for.

Presumably normal primitives could be used with transmit and filter....