POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_image behaviour : Re: no_image behaviour Server Time
5 May 2024 09:54:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_image behaviour
From: jr
Date: 25 Jun 2018 11:10:01
Message: <web.5b31046a6d52b562635cc5ad0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> the plan now is to make a simple "pre-cursor" animation to play with the
> concept, learn.

trying, and so far failing.  :-(

the main difference between the example code posted by WF Pokorny and mine is
(a) no enclosing sphere or box, and (b) use of emission colours other than
white.

I have also tried a variation based on the same code which attempted to
implement Alain's idea of a union with a common material, no success either.

so I'll post a zip with a wip test scene file and an ini "driver" in
p.text.scene-files; the sixth frame is where I'd hoped the hidden object would
interact with the majority of the (few sample) notes (it's all pretty crude, I'm
no artist :-)).  frames take a couple of seconds to render.

if anyone could have a look to tell me whether the approach is viable
(everything's in arrays, basically), and where I'm "missing the boat", I'd much
appreciate it.

thank you.

regards, jr.