POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_image behaviour : Re: no_image behaviour Server Time
5 May 2024 09:06:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_image behaviour
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Jun 2018 06:40:00
Message: <web.5b28dcbd6d52b562458c7afe0@news.povray.org>
"jr" <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> you mean like WF Pokorny suggests in
> http://news.povray.org/5b279884%241%40news.povray.org?

Yeah - I just got around to reading through his code before to see that that's
what he was actually doing.  I had a hard time implementing it from scratch, as
I'm still struggling with the context and syntax for using patterns in
functions.

POV-Ray didn't like this:
density {
     function {pattern {
          object {Intersector
               color_map {
                    [0.0 rgb 0]
                    [0.5 rgb 0]
                    [0.5 rgb 1]
                    [1.0 rgb 1]
                }
           }}
     }
}

> the whole concept is new to me.

Try these:

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/tex/tex_560e.htm
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/tex/tex_561e.htm
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/tex/tex_562e.htm

> > It's too hot to think over here, ...
>
> lucky so and so..

Surely you jest.   But we got a storm front in last night that whisked away
everything in a sudden downpour.   LOTS cooler at the moment.  (crossing
fingers)

Hoping you work this out - the idea seems very cool, and I'm _really_ looking
forward to seeing the animation!