POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_image behaviour : Re: no_image behaviour Server Time
3 May 2024 00:19:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_image behaviour
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jun 2018 06:20:00
Message: <web.5b2787176d52b562458c7afe0@news.povray.org>

> > "the idea" is very simple, I would like to animate some visible, emissive media
> > objects such that they move through other, not directly seen (contained) media.
> > the effect I'm after is that the additive effect of the differently coloured
> > media when intersecting should reveal the outline of the "hidden" objects
> > through the colour change(s).

No coffee yet...

Just to clarify - is anything visible while not intersecting, or do the rods
simply change color in the region where they intersect the invisible object?

You could define a separate container for the intersection color media by doing
an actual intersection {} with the rods and the invisible object.

If you define the container for the "normal" media as the difference {} of the
object from the rods, then I think you'll have what you want.

And those would be the only actual objects declared in the scene, made visible
by the intersection {} and difference {} directives.  Let's borrow from real
photography and call the #declares for the rods and invisible region "latent
objects".

I think you could then even scale the intersection by something near
(1-0.000001) to minimize coincident surfaces, if that's a problem.  It won't be
perfect - you'd to do an offset-curve to do that properly...