POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Horseshoe : Re: Horseshoe Server Time
26 Apr 2024 20:51:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Horseshoe
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 29 May 2018 05:00:00
Message: <web.5b0d1667782aede5cfd0510a0@news.povray.org>
> I fully agree with your feelings about POV. I experience the same.
> Well-done modelling work btw. Now for a nice, worn look, and a bit of rust?
>
> --
> Thomas

Thank you for the kind words! Alas, great textures have mostly eluded me.
Fortunately this object is intended for a scene (a bumper sticker, specifically)
in which all the objects share the same simple off-white color with default
texture settings. For this particular scene, I believe the saying "Less is more"
holds true. But if I had more talent in that area I agree that the horseshoe
would look better with an authentic rustic texture.

Regards,
Dave Blandston