POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Flare : Re: The Flare Server Time
26 Apr 2024 06:40:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Flare
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 26 May 2018 12:55:01
Message: <web.5b09904d6edec80eb01291df0@news.povray.org>
> Nice - I really like that you're POVving up a whole world of your own with lots
> of little vignettes of creatures and events.
> The textures and finishes of your life forms and your logo are very pleasing!

Many thanks for the feedback and thoughts! :)

I could say that this project has become my lifework; to create a world of my
own, a whole lil' universe with all kinds of lifeforms, events and environments.
By now I'm having over 60 renderings finished and still plenty to come, and a
lot of lifeforms, items and even buildings yet to model and be implemented to
the lore. I tend to come up with visual ideas on a steady basis, and I also keep
writing down everything that could fit this world. So far I've got the story and
plot completely written for the 1st game, the concept is done for the 2nd, and
even got some notes and memos for a 3rd one. :D

At the moment I'm learning GameMaker Studio 2 which I'll use to create the
actual game(s), thus getting there bit by bit. Furthermore as a hobbyist
musician, I've also experimented with some calm and distant ambient/drone
soundscapes to echo in the background during the gameplay. I'll get in to the
audial part of the work later in the summer then.

> I'm also laughing really hard, because the internet always amuses me.
>
> On another forum for a different software package, there's a user, which for
> some currently inexplicable reason, nearly everyone initially assumes is female.
> But then he occasionally posts an avatar showing the, uh, additional appendage.
> It's hilarious.

Hahah, indeed. :D I remember when I was a hardcore raider in World of Warcraft
many years ago, and in our weekly guild runs we had this one person who for some
weird reason was always considered a she. The years of active raiding went by
normally, then one day after all this time the person started speaking in
TeamSpeak. That moment with the reactions from everyone was a total blast. :D

> For whatever reason, I had somehow envisioned you as a small, polynesian-type
> guy, and no - you're in fact a 6ft tall metalhead rocking the soul patch
>
> And I'm not even gonna try to explain how the rooster ties all that together.
> :D :D :D :D
> I'm just over here having coffee #1 and facepalming at myself.  ;)

Aahahah! That's absolutely hilarious! :D :D :D

Well, I'm actually 5.6 ft "tall" and lightweight series (and from Finland,
somewhat far from Polynesia xD), but I surely keep on rockin' all the way! :)
\o/

> Great work, and I'm always glad to see that people still spend the time to learn
> POV-Ray, create original beautiful images, and share them here with the rest of
> the community.

Cheers! I'm also extremely happy that my alltime favourite program is still
alive and breathing, and that we've got this absolutely wonderful community for
all things POV. :)