POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Automated RGB histogram / color map WIP : Re: Automated RGB histogram / color map WIP Server Time
30 Apr 2024 08:10:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Automated RGB histogram / color map WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 May 2018 08:45:01
Message: <web.5b0955ab24e753a410874a080@news.povray.org>
I just came across this video, where Michael shows some online RGB image
analyzers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXUUClgd-Eo

and some users comment that LAB might be a better color space.

I might have to explore writing something in another language that can analyze
color and conveniently spit it out in a formatted ready-to-use color map.

I'm also wondering if (at some point in the far distant future) there's a way
for POV-Ray to write directly to the clipboard so that a scene can be run, and
the selected "debug" messages can be pasted into another scene without having to
go through the usual editor view message pane..... rigamarole.