POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : random-colored BRICKS : Re: random-colored BRICKS Server Time
3 May 2024 12:05:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: random-colored BRICKS
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 29 Apr 2018 21:50:01
Message: <web.5ae6761195b142bd5cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> No normals here, though. (Making matching normals for this kind of thing turned
> out to be more difficult than I thought. Not impossible, of course... just more
> work.)

I think it's less difficult than I first expected.

Also, I think if you look at how the grain pattern/turbulence _continues_ from
one plank to another in places, that's what Sven wants to avoid.  So, a
randomized translation along x, y, and/or z along with a slight (<5 deg)
rotation and a small scaling ought to break it up a bit.

Very very nice though - super quick way to get planks laid down in a scene!

:)