POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Hexagon pattern with 4 or 7 colors? : Re: Hexagon pattern with 4 or 7 colors? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 12:27:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hexagon pattern with 4 or 7 colors?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Apr 2018 08:05:00
Message: <web.5ae3114397bd1601c437ac910@news.povray.org>
> [Experiencing some problems with the website:  Trying this again]

Apparently there was a hiccup.

I tried to play with this a bit last night, and wanted to do it using functions,
so I could wind up with a pigment {function{}}

Is there a syntax by which I can do a function of a function?

I'm looking to something along the lines of:

#declare A = function (b, d) {b+d}
#declare Q = function (A(b,d), k) {A*k}

but POV-Ray doesn't calculate the result of A to be used as a parameter of Q.
It complains that it's expecting a parameter, but found a function instead.

I'm thinking there ought to be a way to G(F(x)).

Anyone?