POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Macro Problem : Re: Macro Problem Server Time
2 May 2024 18:44:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Macro Problem
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Apr 2018 18:10:00
Message: <web.5add0796ff561b5a5cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
"Thorsten Froehlich" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I would argue that the layered texture feature is defective by design. It is
> pretty much the only case where two blocks of the same kind without any wrapper
> have a special meaning.

I would agree.

Also, Sven, whenever you see something expected, another thing found instead,
then what you need to do is think about why POV-Ray is looking for, in this case
")".   This is a very valuable general debugging skill that will serve you well
in the future.

I think _one_ simple fix could be for Sven to wrap the layered texture in a
material {} definition, and then call the macro before trying to invoke the
texture{} ---> material{}.

Then he can do something like

MyBrownSimpleQuoVadis(x)   // "returns" a #declared CurrentMaterial
object {
PostsSideRailing
(0.725,0.30,0.60,4.50,0.65,1.5,0.02,-90.0,6.675,CurrentMaterial)
translate < -20.9, 0.0, 0.0 > }

I'm sure there are many more solution permutations.