POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : random-colored BRICKS : Re: random-colored BRICKS Server Time
30 Apr 2024 22:46:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: random-colored BRICKS
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 19 Apr 2018 12:45:00
Message: <web.5ad8c6fd95b142bd1b6c6b3a0@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Five or six days now, I've lost count!

Looks well spent though! Personally I think your latest one might be a little
busy, but vive la difference, and I'm sure there's scope for variation.

> Bill P's code certainly looks less complicated! (I need to take a look at it in
> detail... after I take a coffee break!)

To be fair, it's not doing nearly as much as yours is, plus yours is a complete
scene, and also I have an ingrained 'short-code' mentality ;) Anyway it's a lot
more complicated now, here's another iteration (I'll have to tidy the code up a
bit if you want a peek under the hood).

This is all very productive, but I think I'm into diminishing returns to be
honest. For close up, I'll always plump for actually modelling the individual
bricks, and for distance shots the basic version is probably good enough :)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'randbricks.jpg' (182 KB)

Preview of image 'randbricks.jpg'