POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : random-colored BRICKS : Re: random-colored BRICKS Server Time
1 May 2024 03:49:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: random-colored BRICKS
From: Kenneth
Date: 19 Apr 2018 12:00:00
Message: <web.5ad8bbde95b142bda47873e10@news.povray.org>
(in my the previous code...)

>            normal_map{
>        [1.0 quilted scale 1 bump_size 5] // This pattern doesn't
> // need the warp{repeat...} below, which affects it an odd and subtle way;
> // note the darker brick 'shadows' in every alternate row of bricks in y.

Actually, the warp{repeat...} IS needed for it, to look correct on the side
walls (in the y/z plane.) But it introduces the aforementioned odd 'shadow'
appearance on alternate brick rows. That's a mystery to me so far. It's not a
killer flaw, though. I like the quilted-pattern's 'bulbous'/rounded look on each
brick.