POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle pattern values : Re: Crackle pattern values Server Time
5 May 2024 09:48:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle pattern values
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Apr 2018 20:30:00
Message: <web.5ad29c48bb501a745cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> While Willian method is good, if you don't need it to be infinite but
> having it just be extremely thick, you can give it a large value for the
> thickness, and then scale it very large. If the actual thickness get in
> the 1e6 erange, or more, it will effectively /look/ infinite.
>
> Extreeme thickness sample :
> text{ttf Fon_Name, Yourtext, 2e6, 0 translate -1e6*z scale<1,1,1e6>}

Indeed  :)
I had something like your method in mind,
Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeme thickness! :D
and of course in hindsight, I should have somehow been able to puzzle out The
Pokorny Method, given all of the breadcrumbs left throughout my raytracing
journey.

I haven't yet had a chance to play with this yet and even see where the
fundamental problem lies - I had to fix an OpenOffice Calc thing first....  :|