POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Crackle pattern values : Re: Crackle pattern values Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Crackle pattern values
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Apr 2018 13:10:01
Message: <web.5acf91ecbb501a74c437ac910@news.povray.org>

> A trick I find useful when working with maps is to hard code a value as
> follows using function{} :
>
> // pigment_pattern {NR_wood_grain}
>     function { 0.91 }
>     texture_map {...}

I'm not quite following what you're doing with the function{} here.

> and doing this in your scene tells me the problem (two value issue) is
> with the NR_wood_grain pigment though nothing pops out at me...

I did have a bit of trouble getting the NR_wood_grain to work as a pigment
pattern, but now I'm in a weird intermediate limbo-state where it SORT OF
works...   :|

> You can use differing normals and finishes in your texture_map, but you
> have to have added those to the original texture definitions as Thomas
> suggested or make your texture_map entries each something like:
>
> [0.9 pigment {} normal {} finish {}]

Yes, that makes sense - I had sort of suspected something like that when I got
the "can't do that with a layered texture" message.   Thanks for clearly
confirming.