POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : City buildings of different kind : Re: City buildings of different kind Server Time
4 May 2024 22:43:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: City buildings of different kind
From: Kenneth
Date: 25 Mar 2018 18:35:00
Message: <web.5ab822e9653a98a1a47873e10@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> > This as far as I got with my original code...

> You have a problem with the roof structures : They often end outside the
> roofs.
> I can see at least 22 cases where beams are to long for the roofs.
> It seems to only affect buildings where the top part is smaller than the
> bottom part. The beams are sized for the bottom part.

Yes, that is indeed the case. AND, the upper building sections are probably
slicing off some of the windows, at the building edges. But I stopped working on
this particular version of the scene, and began making the building faces as
height_fields... an entirely different approach. I'll go back to the original
scene code later, to try and fix the problems. Hopefully, the city will then
look more realistic!