POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : City buildings of different kind : City buildings of different kind Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:04:30 EDT (-0400)
  City buildings of different kind
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 19 Mar 2018 19:30:01
Message: <web.5ab0472eb982ead01b6c6b3a0@news.povray.org>
So, inspired by Kenneth's recent forays into city building, I've returned to a
project that I started over 3 years ago.

This started as a set of SDL macros, but unfortunately it was getting dog-slow
and impossible to maintain so I started over in C++. I'm using SVG files as
input, reading straight-line paths to define streets, intersecting them to make
block polygons, then splitting the blocks to get building polygons. The
buildings are constructed as triangle blocks and exported as mesh2 objects in
...inc files.

In the images here, the building data is a few MB in size, generated in several
seconds by my program and rendered in several minutes by POV-Ray.

I have a huge to-do list, and progress is sporadic because real life, but I am
getting some nice results at last!

Bill

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: