POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Road Surface Typeface : Re: Road Surface Typeface Server Time
30 Apr 2024 06:09:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Road Surface Typeface
From: Kenneth
Date: 14 Mar 2018 21:35:01
Message: <web.5aa9cc83d2f6c4eea47873e10@news.povray.org>

> Manual On Uniform Traffic Control Devices
>
> They also specify that instead of
> STOP
>  ON
> RED
>
> The first word is closest to the driver.  So it it needs to be:
> RED
>  ON
> STOP
>
> so that you actually DO read the words in the correct order as you drive up to
> and over them.

Ha, I didn't know that. I know I've seen such opposite examples now and
then--maybe some of the road-painting crews here in Virginia didn't yet learn to
read :-P  (Ooh, am I being cynical about my fellow Virginians? Perish the
thought.)

Now I'll be *totally* confused at night in the rain :-O  I'll have to take a
copy of the Manual with me, to thumb through as I approach the intersection...