POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Road Surface Typeface : Re: Road Surface Typeface Server Time
5 May 2024 20:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Road Surface Typeface
From: omniverse
Date: 14 Mar 2018 04:40:00
Message: <web.5aa8deb1d2f6c4ee9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> And I don't think Bob was as bored as this guy:

http://joesretirementblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/progress-in-manomet-part-3-manomet.html

No, not that much. Now this got me looking for a video of the arrow markings
being drawn before the paint goes down. I was envisioning templates but this
YouTube video shows a person capable of going without. Some skilled tape
measuring, but only a single hand drawn curved line at 1:40 into the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=109&v=qLa9OaB3-Z0

> So, this was all interesting, educational, and somewhat terrifying all at the
> same time.

Funny you should put it that way. As I read the blog I was thinking about when I
was a little kid and the family was at a campground. There was a road closed
barricade with those glass beads embedded in it, complete with a couple yellow
flashing lights, when we drove in after dark.
I was only interested in the reason it lit up in the headlights so I was
scrapping the glass off in my hand and some guy walked up and told me not to do
that because it won't shine anymore. Scared me, being just a kid. Felt like I
was taking some kind of magic stuff off it.

And another more recent memory when I felt a little silly for almost stopping to
gather up overflow of those things when they striped the road near home. There
was so much in one place where it must have spilled, had that same desire to get
some of that magic again.