POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Road Surface Typeface : Re: Road Surface Typeface Server Time
5 May 2024 20:59:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Road Surface Typeface
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 13 Mar 2018 18:40:01
Message: <web.5aa85248d2f6c4ee5cafe28e0@news.povray.org>
Well actually there apparently is the predictable and virtually inevitable
pathological creeping bureaucratic control of everything in their grasp:

Manual On Uniform Traffic Control Devices

This seems to be very similar in the UK, Australia, and the US as far as I can
tell.   There are diagrams, and measurements, and all of that.

To make sure that everything, everywhere, for everyone, is the same.
In the name of diversity.

They also specify that instead of
STOP
 ON
RED

The first word is closest to the driver.  So it it needs to be:
RED
 ON
STOP

so that you actually DO read the words in the correct order as you drive up to
and over them.

And I don't think Bob was as bored as this guy:
http://joesretirementblog.blogspot.com/2012/11/progress-in-manomet-part-3-manomet.html

So, this was all interesting, educational, and somewhat terrifying all at the
same time.