POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : pattern blend : Re: pattern blend Server Time
16 May 2024 20:49:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pattern blend
From: Kenneth
Date: 4 Mar 2018 09:55:00
Message: <web.5a9c07ee8351d7b0a47873e10@news.povray.org>

> >> It is a bit like your airbrush.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Thomas
> >
> > I'd like to see.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C48295282%40news.povray.org%3E/

I had forgotten that! :-O  Thanks for the reminder.

BTW, re: the discussion there of 'bending the slopes of height_fields': It can
be done in an alternate way now, using POV-Ray's 'blend gamma' feature-- i.e.,
by purposely changing the gamma of the image that's used to make the HF. That
effectively changes the otherwise 'linear' slope of HF contours to more of a
curve. For example, HF mountains made this way look more natural to my eye--
like the mountain's slopes have naturally eroded. (There's also a HF difference
between images SAVED at different gamma values, for the same reason-- 1.0 being
a linear slope, 2.2 being more of a curve.)