POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : city buildings as height_fields-- WIP 1 : Re: city buildings as height_fields-- WIP 1 Server Time
7 May 2024 16:24:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: city buildings as height_fields-- WIP 1
From: Kenneth
Date: 28 Feb 2018 07:20:00
Message: <web.5a969df9e5be66e2a47873e10@news.povray.org>
>...it looks like you just need
> to substitute your name string (from the array) to pre-declare all your matte
> textures. You could even generate the filename strings instead of using a list
> if they're just a numbered sequence.

Years ago, I actually did use the idea in the latter part of your comment, for a
very elaborate scene-- but I lost the scene, so I'll have to 'reinvent the
wheel' to understand what I did! (I haven't used that construct since then.)

About the arrays: I'm not clear about exactly what should go into them, or what
should be plugged into the image_pattern (although it sounds interesting, and
I'd like to know):

"building windows 1 holdout.jpg" ?
jpeg "building windows 1 holdout.jpg" ?

or some other thing?