POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : abyss.pov media study. : Re: abyss.pov media study. Server Time
2 May 2024 04:48:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abyss.pov media study.
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 23 Feb 2018 16:15:01
Message: <web.5a90841ccf530bceb9ba94320@news.povray.org>
> Am 22.02.2018 um 14:53 schrieb Kenneth:
> > "Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> >>
> >> Others preferred a blueish tint too - like in Pixar's "Finding Nemo"
> >> (https://clementsnahs.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/mines4.jpg).
> >>

> > Ha! So they do.
> >
> > My humble opinion about *that*: A blue tint is fun and upbeat and not scary--
> > good for kiddies. A murky green tint is mysterious and foreboding-- like scary
> > submarine warfare.
>
> https://youtu.be/mpsFaLH5BRc

I can remember, when I first read the book, written by Lothar Buchheim - it was
around 1980. The letters showed the green blue tint of Gilles image iirc.

By the way, the very first version of Gilles image was held in a dark blue green
tone...
(http://www.oyonale.com/image.php?code=136&mode=info&section=1993&lang=en).

Norbert