POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : HDR and brightness : Re: HDR and brightness Server Time
26 Apr 2024 14:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HDR and brightness
From: Kenneth
Date: 23 Feb 2018 13:20:00
Message: <web.5a905ac0b63c42a4a47873e10@news.povray.org>
> Can I achieve the same brightness using an HDRI sky as using a light
> source? Or are there limits on how bright a scene can be?

I haven't yet used an HDRI image/image_map in a scene, but I would assume that
the maximum rendered brightness on-screen would be clipped to 1.0 (typical
maximum white)-- or rather, as bright as your monitor can reproduce 1.0, just
like with any scene.

The saved file is another matter, if it's saved as HDRI. (POV-Ray can do that,
right? I haven't read the documentation enough to know.)