POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chromadepth scaling to model : Re: Chromadepth scaling to model Server Time
12 May 2024 03:33:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chromadepth scaling to model
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Feb 2018 10:10:00
Message: <web.5a8edc2ab61f5657c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> 3) I had another misconception, about the meaning of a bounding-box's min_extent
> and max_extent locations. They are *just* coordinates in space-- and the
> location of any 'shoot-from' point to *find* those coordinates has an important
> bearing on whether they are considered 'near' or 'far' (i.e., which is min and
> which is max.) That was my mistaken notion of the points appearing to 'reverse.'

Yes, I think I was [too briefly] trying to point toward that when I asked about
the [virtual/real] camera direction.
The bounding box coordinates are absolute coordinates referenced to the origin.
 10 > 0 > -10

Write out a formula using min() and max() to calculate the min_extent and
max_extent functions, and you'll _get it_.