POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : abyss.pov media study. : Re: abyss.pov media study. Server Time
26 Apr 2024 11:52:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: abyss.pov media study.
From: Kenneth
Date: 21 Feb 2018 08:40:00
Message: <web.5a8d75adcf530bcea47873e10@news.povray.org>

> What I did for the three v3.6.1 renders was use a version of the scene I
> pulled from my copy of v3.6.1 rendering those with a corresponding
> v3.6.1 compile. That version of the scene specified no gamma at all
> meaning it ran at an assumed_gamma of 2.2.

No assumed_gamma at all, wow. (That was before my time-- ha-- as I started using
POV-Ray at v3.6.1, IIRC.)

So what Gilles himself saw when he created the scene was like you image 1). Got
it.

Funny thing: If *I* had created this scene (not likely!), I think I would have
chosen the more greenish color 'tint' of image 5)-- coupled with your nice fixes
in 9) of course. I just happen to like the mysterious more-green-than-blue look,
personal preference.