POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chromadepth scaling to model : Re: Chromadepth scaling to model Server Time
5 Jun 2024 14:56:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chromadepth scaling to model
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Feb 2018 06:35:01
Message: <web.5a8d5842b61f56575cafe28e0@news.povray.org>

> Are you saying that it doesn't matter which corners I choose, as long as
> the corners are opposite of each other? I don't quite understand.

You need to choose the nearest and the farthest corners, to get the largest
spread to scale your color map across.

Kenneth didn't realize that bounding boxes are _always_ cardinal-axis aligned.

I'm not entirely sure that it matters, but I think that between Kenneth, and
clipka and Bill P.'s past posts on pattern/distance functions, the answer is
close at hand.

I feel the need to write something like "Pokorny's past partial posts on
pigments and proximity patterns for particles"...

There.  :)