POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Algorithmus Wanted : Re: Algorithmus Wanted Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Algorithmus Wanted
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 20 Feb 2018 15:20:00
Message: <web.5a8c81a2b2b3090cf6fe96310@news.povray.org>
Sven Littkowski <I### [at] SvenLittkowskiname> wrote:

> I was rendering the scene, but the result is still not good - often, the
> individual bodies are not touching each other.

If you need your nice little "cells" touching each other, why not using
equidistant splines?

I made a quick example (source is in pbs-f).
Original code is from ABX - Place and orient objects along spline -
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/message/%3Cttoenucoq6fcgkun57la24s9ia4ij5o573%404ax.com%3E/#%3Cttoenucoq6fcgkun57
la24s9ia4ij5o573%404ax.com%3E
..

Of course you would have to generate some semirandom splines...

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'equidistant spline_example.jpg' (125 KB)

Preview of image 'equidistant spline_example.jpg'
equidistant spline_example.jpg