POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chromadepth scaling to model : Re: Chromadepth scaling to model Server Time
25 Jun 2024 03:00:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chromadepth scaling to model
From: Kenneth
Date: 20 Feb 2018 14:20:01
Message: <web.5a8c73c6b61f5657a47873e10@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> What it looks like so far is that, if I (pre-)rotate the object before being
> translated, the ''near' and 'far' bounding_box corners are actually rotating
> along with the object-- i.e., their 'near' and 'far' relationship appears to be
> reversing! (Or vlength is choosing the wrong corner?)

No, I was mistaken about that-- the corners aren't 'rotating' with the object.
But there *are* definite reversals of 'near' and 'far' corners, depending on
....? (camera/object distance, maybe.)  I'm still working that out...

Bald Eagle wrote:
> Also, I'd start by "going 2-D" and looking down from halfway between the camera
> and object, with an orthographic camera, and a gridlined plane.
> That might help highlight issues and provide more visual clues.

That's pretty much exactly what I'm doing right now, with a few bells and
whistles thrown in too. I resorted to animation tests, to try and *clearly*
determine what's up with the applied color_map re: the changing-shape(!)
bounding_box...