POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Why post processing is important : Re: Why post processing is important Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Why post processing is important
From: Mr
Date: 19 Feb 2018 05:40:00
Message: <web.5a8aa865b7ef76f516086ed00@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Here's a toy with grass and water I made in Blender and exported to Povray.
> Here's the original. It doesn't look too bad.

Nice! And you made it to Blenderartists Feature row! I also added it to the
POV-Ray group's gallery:

https://blenderartists.org/forum/group.php?discussionid=649&do=discuss

"Very nice! The Blender exporter seems pretty mature at this point."

>...We only need more users and developers now!

"Material conversion, on the other hand, is
nearly non-existant (ie if you made materials for Blender Cycles, you'll have to
redo them for Povray)."

> Request noted !

"It's not that bad if you use the internal renderer. I don't think the
"nodes" work in the exporter, though."

> Indeed it was built with Blender Internal conversion in mind.
Some very simple node material implemented by Lanuhum was supposed to work.
Please try to report bugs so that we can improve the nodes which is a
prerequisite to Cycles materials conversion.