POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred reflection comparison : Re: Blurred reflection comparison Server Time
5 May 2024 21:02:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred reflection comparison
From: And
Date: 18 Feb 2018 06:25:01
Message: <web.5a8962621a4227fab244fcf0@news.povray.org>

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/159291-pov-ray-surface-realism/

> >> I asked on Eurobricks which is the most realistic image? I will also
> >> ask here. Which do you think look the most like real LEGO bricks?
> >>

> >> Mike
> >
> > I like #1 and #2. In all cases, the black road is way too reflective for
> > lego (although I like black reflective on principle).  Unless Lego has
> > changed a lot since I was a kid.
> >

> All my bricks are so old and scarred I can't really come to a conclusion
> on my own. For instance, holding a brick so it reflects light from my
> lamp, I can make out the bulb pretty clearly as well as the lamp shade.
> But other nearby objects are barely visible. I don't know if brand new
> bricks would reflect more.
>

> Mike

Hi,

I have another observation for some blur reflection material, some surface is
more blur when you look it perpendicular. Just like variance reflection(aoi
pattern reflection amplitude), the blur has its aoi pattern.

But I don't know this is suitable for lego.