POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chromadepth scaling to model : Re: Chromadepth scaling to model Server Time
28 Apr 2024 01:39:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Chromadepth scaling to model
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Feb 2018 14:40:01
Message: <web.5a88844cb61f56575cafe28e0@news.povray.org>

> The texture is centered on the camera location, and stretches to a point
> opposite the model. The problem is that the model ends up mostly white,
> with only touches of blue and red, as you can see in the attached image.

I think what you want to do is center the texture on the model, and scale it
according to the bounding box.   That way you get the full range of colors on
the model.

If you're actually trying to somehow encode the distance from the camera into
the texture, then clipka posted a way to do that recently in response to
someone's query.

In any event, include a plane in the scene, and texture that with your color-map
so you can see the whole pattern and how it behaves in relation to where your
object is.