POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Miniature faking : Re: Miniature faking Server Time
30 Apr 2024 00:01:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Miniature faking
From: MichaelJF
Date: 13 Feb 2018 15:35:01
Message: <web.5a834ab94a41bdc67962460e0@news.povray.org>
> I'm trying to achieve this effect:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miniature_faking
>
> Of course, in POV-Ray you don't need to fake it since you can create
> cameras of any scale and dimensions.
>
> But I'm not happy with the visual results. It simply does not look as
> nice as the photos in the Wikipedia article.
>
> See attachment.
>

> Mike

First I think you cannot "miniaturise" miniatures. Your buildings look like
miniatures themselves, due to their simple csg-construction. A second effect
comes from the checkered planes. Mirror your city at the borders to avoid them
and to have a little effect of the focal blur you use, which is lost to the eye
in the checkered planes completely.

Best regards
Michael