POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : creepy figures : Re: creepy figures Server Time
21 May 2024 15:56:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creepy figures
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 12 Feb 2018 12:55:00
Message: <web.5a81d3d52200fd9ec437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> Here is a test scene to play with.

Excellent - that looks nice.
I experimented with the original code for a while, and got things to 'work'
after a bit of fiddling.
I tried using a Wire_Box object instead of a sphere with unit edges, and that
was way too small.  7-10 units seemed to work much better for some reason.

I had to crank up the subdivision level to 7 to get good coverage of "Jack".
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/message/%3Cweb.5a1f60f72471086b5cafe28e0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.5a1
f60f72471086b5cafe28e0%40news.povray.org%3E

It also didn't really seem to be doing quite what I thought it might, based on
the size and placement of the boxes.  I might need to do a progressively finer
subdivision like in the original post, and color code the inside, partial, and
outside states of the bounding boxes.

Thanks again for the test scene - I'll try to look at it in detail tonight.  :)