POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Camera scaling and focal_blur? : Re: Camera scaling and focal_blur? Server Time
5 May 2024 06:35:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera scaling and focal_blur?
From: Kenneth
Date: 12 Feb 2018 08:10:01
Message: <web.5a818fe93abb6b9ea47873e10@news.povray.org>

> Thanks! That means:
>
>      #local NewCameraFocalPoint = -1 * OldCameraLocation *
> (NewCameraScale - 1);
>
> But is this only true if the OldCameraFocalPoint is <0,0,0>? What
> happens when the OldCameraFocalPoint is <5,20,-1>?

Off the top of my head, I would imagine that it's just a matter of adding or
subtracting the correct differences in values, kind of like my scale 2 example.
I haven't tested that idea though. (I'm also not totally sure if your equation
can work with an odd scaling factor of, say, 4.7 rather than 2 or 3 or 4. Maybe
it can!)

BTW: Having three active newsgroup threads, all generally about the same topic,
is kind of confusing; I'm not sure where to post follow-ups now. In future, it
would be best to have only one (or maybe an extra one for posting actual code,
if it happens to be quite long), and let the comments roll in. ;-)