POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Camera scaling and focal_blur? : Re: Camera scaling and focal_blur? Server Time
26 Apr 2024 19:04:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Camera scaling and focal_blur?
From: Kenneth
Date: 11 Feb 2018 22:40:00
Message: <web.5a810c7d3abb6b9ea47873e10@news.povray.org>
> I still don't understand exactly what's happening, but I removed the
> scaling and just increased the numbers directly, and things are working
> out much better.

I've never tried *scaling* a camera before, but it's an interesting idea.

Using your 'scale 2' camera, what it looks like is that the focal_blur's
focal_point of <0,0,0> (the focal 'plane')is actually shifting to <0,0,-5>. In
other words, it's keeping the same original 5-unit distance from the CAMERA--
not scaling to 2*5 = 10-units. That's what I see from a simple test, anyway.