POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : creepy figures : Re: creepy figures Server Time
17 May 2024 22:40:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creepy figures
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 11 Feb 2018 13:00:01
Message: <web.5a8083aa2200fd9ec80f56880@news.povray.org>

> I wondered if there was a way to fill the space with connected links - like a 3D
> chainmail.
>
> I would also LOVE to understand how to construct and use an octtree and do
> something along the lines of this:
>
> http://www.imagico.de/fast_iso/grid7.png
> from  http://www.imagico.de/fast_iso/patch.php

Look at a post done by Robert McGregor regarding a Octree space partitioning
experiment -
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C4f26eaa2%241%40news.povray.org%3E/
and
http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/message/%3Cweb.4f2a0580cf27ae8a94d713cc0%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3Cweb.4f
2a0580cf27ae8a94d713cc0%40news.povray.org%3E

Use his code - but first define two objects (a mesh or something else and a
difference of a bigger cube and the first object) and replace spheres by
cube_frames.

Norbert